Made on the Point Reyes farm with pasteurized cows’ milk, the wheel is wrapped in Spruce bark that has been infused with the essence of CA Bay Laurel, which is indigenous to the region and ever-present on their farm in Point Reyes. Quinta is meant to be enjoyed at room temperature in a single sitting by removing a portion of the top rind and digging in with a small spoon or cheese spreader.
- Quinta is enjoyable between 30 – 80 days following production
- The younger wheels have a custardy texture with a slight buttermilk freshness and a vanilla cream finish
- The more mature wheels are softer (and spoonable!) in texture. The richer flavor is filled with fresh creamery butter in the beginning and expands to notes of woodsy-mustard and wild mushroom with a CA Bay Laurel herbaceousness in the finish
- No matter the level of ripeness, the flavors intensify as you enjoy the cheese closer to the bark-wrapped perimeter
- Don’t forget to try the rind! The flavor is delicious with even more CA Bay Laurel and earthy, mushroomy notes
*** Please do not be alarmed by Quinta’s colorful exterior – spots of white, grey, blue and brown sometimes appear on the bark-wrapped, bloomy rind and are totally normal. No need to worry, it’s what’s on the inside that counts! Enjoy!