JOIN THE LIST, GET THE MEATS
Initially, the Production Specialist role is part-time, but has strong potential for becoming full-time in the new year. The Production Specialist is part of a team and reports directly to the Production Manager and works hands-on with all aspects of production, including inspected raw protein, which is the core of the Old Major Market production line.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on production and packaging of a variety of food products from sausages and bacons to entrees such as meat loaf, pulled pork and seafood
- Assists with preparation of heat-and-eat products to include the Dinner for Two, bulk pulled pork, soups, and other entrees
- Assists in the packaging of products and Dinner for Two as assigned
- Ensures the kitchen space is cleaned and equipment is cleaned and stored properly
- Participates in the safe use, cleaning and routine maintenance of kitchen and food processing equipment
- Looks for process improvement opportunities and offers input into day-to-day production operations
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Production staff must be at least 18 years of age. A high school diploma is required. Experience is not required but commercial kitchen experience is a plus.
This is a great opportunity for a prep cook, deli worker, butcher, or hotel banquet kitchen worker. It is a ground floor opportunity with a rapidly growing Indianapolis based artisanal food products organization.
This is a great growth opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who engages with the mission of the organization.
To apply, click the button below and send us an email with "Production Specialist" in the subject line.
We offer a highly competitive pay rate based on skill set and experience.
We offer 401k, additional skills training, employee discount on products, PTO/sick time and more!
Time with family, friends, and loved ones is important. We believe in equilibrium between work and personal time.